maandag 21 januari 2008

Whole wheat - Hamelman


Whole wheat loaf from the Hamelman book.
Uh, planning seems to be the key in bread making, but sometimes things don't turn out the way you planned them. Because something came up I had to retard the dough in the fridge. I must have not closed the door properly and the dough was over proofed when I took it out of the fridge. My bad, but these things happen.

The shape of the bread was, let's say "rustic" but the taste was not bad at all. I do have to admit that the first slice I tried, I was not impressed at all. The next day however I changed my mind and thought it really was not bad. This loaf has some honey in it which you have to keep in mind when baking (caramelizing.) I hope to make this loaf again and proof it properly.

Geen opmerkingen: