woensdag 16 januari 2008

Dirty Laundry


Here is a pic of my dirty work clothes. This night I worked in a bakery for the first time since I left school, which is about 18 years ago. It was awesome! I did help making, shaping, slicing, baking bread.
Highlight was taking the bread out of the oven with the long peel. I wish I had a pic of that.
It was hard work, with almost no time to breath!
We did apple-, rice pie, I did grind cheese to make a few hundred cheese tartelettes, I did fill, glaze the viennoiserie, We also made the dough using pure butter for the viennoiserie (and in my opinion only butter should be used!)

All I can say is that running a bakery is not easy! There's a 1000 things going on at the same time and I not even thinking about the financial aspect of having it's own business. It a beautiful craft, but not easy at all.

Geen opmerkingen: