woensdag 16 januari 2008

Quick Ciabatta crumb



After my first try I had to try to get a better result with making ciabatta, so I made it yesterday again. Just look for "Quick Ciabatta" on 'thefreshloaf.com'
The result is much better that the first time. Irregular large holes is what I was looking for and it looks real nice. The taste was great too! You would think that because of using no long fermentation that it would not taste too great. But it actually did taste great!
I do think that the amount of salt is more than enough. If this recipe over here was used in Belgium the baker would be in trouble because law over here sez that the maximum amount is 2% of salt per 1000 grams flour. This recipe uses 2.8% salt which would be illegal over here.
I am happy with the result, next time I will try one with a pre-ferment.

Geen opmerkingen: