donderdag 10 januari 2008

My kitchen aid.


One of the largest investments I made was getting a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Thanks to some nice people on line I was able to get it real cheap. It is one of the best investments that I ever made!

I was lucky to get it so cheap, and it seems that the site where I got it on line does not have them any longer in stock. People from the States are even more lucky because they can get these 'Heavy Duty' mixers even cheaper than us over here in Europe.

So is it really necessary to have one of these? Not at all! But it helps a lot. There might be better mixers out there for kneading bread, that is for sure. But the KA sure is handy! Have you ever tried holding a pot of boiled sugar in one hand while trying to whisk the sugar into a bowl using your other hand? Well, I did, and it was not easy at all, and pretty dangerous too. Boiled sugar can burn your skin real bad.

So since I got it I no longer have to fear to get burned when making pastry, the KA helps me do it in no time and safe! Seriously, I am sooo happy that I got it.

Geen opmerkingen: