dinsdag 8 januari 2008

Ciabatta with stiff starter- Hamelman - I have failed...


Uh, what is this? It is supposed to be Ciabatta. Well, it actually is Ciabatta, so what is the problem? I am not satisfied with the crumb! No large irregular holes, like the way it supposed to be. I am a failure!

Making and working with the super wet dough was fun! But the end result is not too funny! I don't know what went wrong, or what I did wrong. Oh well, actually I do. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I totally forgot to fold the dough after one and two hours during bulk fermentation. I did it after 3 and four hours of fermentation. Maybe that is the culprit.

Well, tomorrow is another day and after a not so great loaf will follow a good one! I am maybe too hard for myself, but I am always after the most perfect result. If anyone has tips, please leave a comment.

*EDIT* I tasted the bread and it was delicious! I love the taste! Not a great crumb but a great taste! So it was not too bad after all.

1 opmerking:

fanny zei

i can see some large irregular holes in that crumb
yes, to me it pretty much looks great

love xxx
- fanny