vrijdag 11 januari 2008

West-Flanders Brown sandwich


I made this yummy sandwich with a bread I grew up with. I have previously posted pics about this bread and made it several times. I grew up eating this kind of bread and needless to say, I like it a lot!
It's a straight dough.
Here's the recipe :
Makes one loaf :

350 grams flour
145 grams cracked wheat
5 grams bran
310 grams water
3,5 grams instant yeast
8 grams salt
10 grams shortening

Mix the water yeast, bran, cracked wheat. Add the salt and incorporate the shortening (I always use olive oil.)
Knead for about 10 minutes with the Kitchen Aid.
Put it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic.


Desired Dough Temperature : 78°F

Bulk Fermentation : 35 minutes

Degass.

Make loose boule shape, cover and let it rest for about 15 minutes.

Shaping.

After 20 minutes, lightly degas the loaf with your hand. Make sure you do this only very lightly!

Proof : about 50 minutes.

Bake : 450°F About 30-45 minutes.

You should try this loaf, I think it has a great taste and some crunch. What I also like about this recipe is
that you mix the flour and cracked wheat and bran instead of using let's say whole wheat flour. It benefits the
taste for sure!

Geen opmerkingen: