dinsdag 22 januari 2008

Croissants


It's amazing how difficult it is to master the skills of a good baker. There's a 1000 things that can go wrong. Personally, I find baking rather difficult. Sometimes the flour will absorb more water, sometimes less. Sometimes room temperature can be high, sometimes low. All these factors have an impact on the end result. So what I am striving for is the optimum contitions of the ingredients, dough, room temperature, ...

Look at these croissants, they are made with butter. The taste really is terrific! Seriously, and the smell when they came out of the oven... I could have eaten them all! Now look at the layers of butter... you won't find a lot... I made the butter too soft when I incorporated it into the dough, thus almost no layers appear and the croissants are not puffy at all. I messed up. Next time I will keep this in mind. But for now, I am enjoying the great taste.

Geen opmerkingen: