dinsdag 4 maart 2008

Bread of Love and Honey Oat meal bread



I both made these loaves before. I love the 'Bread Of Love!' The scent of red wine, the pine nuts, the figs who give the loaf crunch. This loaf is incredibly tasty, so I had to make it again.

Is there anything negative about this bread? Well if you don't mind spending a few bucks then there is no problem at all. But for those of you amongst us who don't want to spend a rather high amount of money this is a quite expensive loaf. For instance, the organic pine nuts alone costed me like €4.00 for 100 grams! The bottle of wine was like €3.00 and the figs also €4.00. So the total without flour or salt is like €11.00.

I don't mind paying this kind of money to create something delicious like this, but some people might find this just too much money for a loaf.
I guess that if these loaves were sold at a bakery a lot of people would not buy them because the baker would have to ask too much money to cover the expenses.
Even though this is not the cheapest bread out there, it sure is one of the tastiest!

Geen opmerkingen: