maandag 17 maart 2008

Barm Bread - Dan Lepard



I made the barm with organic beer. This bread is very, very tasty. One of the most delicious breads I made lately. I do have to warn the readers of this blog though. This bread takes a long, very long time to double in size when proofing. Do not, I repeat, do not even think about under proof these loaves. The result will be very bad when you try to attempt this.
I did use different flours (rye and whole wheat) in this bread as Dan Lepard mentions in the book. The result was outstanding. The crumb, crust and taste was awesome. I cannot wait to make it again, and in fact I will do it this week.

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Another great bread from you & Dan. It looks like you have a plan to bake every bread in that book!

ladiesfromneptune zei

Yeah Susan, I am trying different breads out of this book. So far I had a blast!