zaterdag 22 maart 2008

Boulangerie Paul - Maison Dandoy



I travelled to Brussels today and while I was there to visit an exhibition I decided to go down town and get a loaf from Boulangerie Paul. I mentioned this baker in a previous travel post. I was happy to see that Paul has a couple of bakeries in Belgium so I won't need to travel to France to taste some delicious bread.
One thing I thought that was a little over the top when I paid for the loaf. I paid Five Euro for one loaf! Paul must make at least 4 Euro pure profit on this loaf! It seems like a rye levain loaf. I like good bread, but paying this amount of money is just too much!
While in Brussels I went to Maison Dandoy too. I purchased some "Pain a la Greque" and some "speculoos". I swear both were awesome! I made speculoos too. But mine just has not this great taste. I can highly recommend to visit both places when you happen to be in Brussels.

Geen opmerkingen: