donderdag 14 februari 2008

Valentine






So I have been pretty busy for Valentine, I made a linzer tart Pierre Hermè style, the heart shaped buns/rolls, and the Bread of Love. Needless to say the appreciation of my household was great. I got this awesome Valentine card from my spouse and daughter and a lot of love in return for all my baking efforts.

It's amazing what great recipes you can find on line. Susan's blog is awesome and I had to try the bread of love which has unusual ingredients such as red wine, figs and pine nuts. I never have made a loaf that needed so little kneading. I need the Dan Lepard book! The loaves turned out great! I like the crunchy, sweet, moist dense crumb. Totally awesome!

The heart shaped buns/rolls are made in a brioche like dough and cut out with a heart shaped cutter that I purchased for this special occasion. Also much appreciated by the smallest member of this family.

The linzer tart Pierre Hermè style is totally for chocolate lovers! I was the only one who could appreciate this decadent piece of sugar. The taste is "Oh la la! Delicious!" Seriously, the dark chocolate combined with the raspberry jam is insane! And the crust of the tart with delicate spice flavours makes it totally irresistible.

Geen opmerkingen: