vrijdag 7 september 2007

Engelse Muffins met zuurdeeg


Dit is het recept dat ik on line vond :
Ik gebruikte wel 180 gram zuurdeeg ipv gist.

Ten English Muffins



From R.L. Beranbaum

Sponge

1 cup AP flour

¾ cup water

1 Tbsp honey

½ tsp instant yeast (I omitted yeast, because I used 1 Tbsp of ripe sourdough leaven instead)



Beat for 2 min until very smooth and well aerated. I used paddle attachment in KA mixer. Let the sponge ferment for 1-4 hours.

Muffin dough

Sponge

1 cup AP flour

2 Tbsp dry milk

½ tsp instant yeast (I omitted yeast completely, since I was making sourdough muffins)

3 Tbsp butter

1 1/4tsp salt



Mix everything except salt on low speed for 5 min. Cover and let the dough rest for 20min. Add salt and knead for 10 min on medium speed (#4 in Kitchen Aid).



Let the dough ferment for 1 ½ hours at room temperature. I fermented for 50 min, since I was working with ferocious sourdough.



Roll the dough out about ¼” thick and cut out muffins. Place them on a sheet pan sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover and let muffins rise until ¾” thick. Yeasted dough will puff up in about 45 min. Sourdough muffins will puff up in 30 min to 1.5 hours, if kept warm and covered. I proofed muffins in humidified oven on ‘proof’ setting, so they rose really fast.



Preheat griddle to 275F (medium low heat), cook for 10 min on each side.

Geen opmerkingen: